10 April 2011

In Springtime...

...The only pretty ring time
Birds sing
Ah, ding-a-ding
Sweet Lovers Love
The Spring.

-Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Things have been going well this new year of 2011. (Can you believe that we are in the year 2011? It seems like 1996 was just a few years ago.)

For anyone out there that follows this...we dont know anything about the Air Force yet...just for a little update. Which is a bummer becuase I really want to get a new car since Brady's Tahoe and my Cavalier are both about to die. We have decided to wait until we know something for sure about the Air Force to make any decisions about car shopping. I agree but it's really hard to know that we might get a car soon and not to just want to run out and get it right now.

...as you can see I need to learn self-control. :)


On another note, we have been spending alot of time with our friends Katie and David Socia and Andreia and Jeff Williford. We have become so close that we had a Spring Break adventure with them which took us to Beaver's Bend, Oklahoma. Probably one of the top 10 weekends of my life so far...behind getting married, going on our honeymoon, and a few other great vacation weekends.  Here are some pictures to enjoy.










Also, as many of you know there have been some CRAZY things going on in the area of teaching in Texas public schools. Our school district was anticipating a 10-15% cut in our budget (I may be a little off because I tend to block out conversations that depress me). However, due to the fact that we have 75 (or so) students moving up from 5th to 6th grade next year which increases our student to teacher and student to staff ratio, and due to a few riffed positions we do not have to lose any teachers at Chapel Hill Middle School. So inconclusion, my job is safe...until Summer when the Texas Legislative actually meets.

I think that is all I have this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment